Saturday, December 8, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree!

This week the Chapmans have been working on Decking the Halls for Christmas. We are still not completely finished, but I am finished with a couple of Pinterest inspiration crafts.

The first Pinterest Pin was a craft that my girlfriends worked on at a craft party. I wasn't feeling too well so I wasn't able to go, but I did steal their Pinspiration to create one at home. Here is the craft they did:
For the tree here, the artist hot glued tinsel around the foam cone first, then glued the ornaments all around it. I figured since the cone was green like a tree, I would skip this step.

Here is how I created my ornament tree:

I started with a foam cone from Michael's and started hot gluing lots of ornaments (from the dollar store) around the cone.
 I thought it would look cool if I used lots of different sizes. Hhhmmm, not so much.
But once I added the bow, put it on a silver platter, and added some left over Christmas floral (from my other project) to it, I think it looked pretty nice.
I ended up making two more little ones, and only used one size ornament. With the three all together, I think it came out pretty amazing. Especially since the big one was a little questionable for a while.
Here is what our stocking display looks like, with our beautiful trees...
Overall it was a Pinterest Success. If I had it to do all over again I would have used the same size ornaments for the entire large tree so it looked a little more uniform. That's what I get for trying to be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment