My Pinterest Pinspiration came from this Pinterest Pin. Recipe found here.
Mini Apple Pie
- Eight cups of apples (I used 7 large granny smith apples, it was about 3lbs of apples)
- 12 Tbsp of flour
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 4 Teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of nutmeg (I used in between the two)
- 4 Tbsp of chilled butter (Cut into 24 equal pieces)
- 2 boxes of Pillsbury Pie Crust (chilled not frozen)
This recipe makes about 24 mini Apple Pies.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and Cut all the apples into 1/2 inch bits. Then mix in the flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Make sure all the apples are evenly coated.
Everyone loved these mini Apple Pies, and there was much less of a clean-up with individual pies. The only problem is between peeling and cutting all the apples, and rolling out the dough a few times, these pies seemed to take forever. So they were very, very tasty, just pretty time consuming. It's a Pinterest Success, but I'm not sure if I will ever make these again.