The Pinterest Pin linked to this blog. Go here. The writer said she whipped up this dessert in a pinch with ingredients out of what was in her pantry and refrigerator. I say that is very crafty, I wouldn't have the first idea of things to "throw" together in a pinch. I need direction.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
-1 Box of Angel Food Cake Mix (One Step Kind, basically the box says just add water)
-1 can of Pumpkin Puree (15oz)
-1/2 tsp Cinnamon
-1 8oz package of Cheese Cheese
1. Mix together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, water and cinnamon.
2. Separately mix cream cheese with a couple tablespoons of water to make it smooth and thinned out.
3. Grease a baking dish.
4. Fill the baking dish with HALF of the pumpkin\cake mix, and HALF of the cream cheese mix.
5. Run a knife through the mix, making figure 8's for a fancy design.
6. Then put the rest of the pumpkin\cake mix in the baking dish and the rest of the cream cheese mix.
7. Again run a knife through the mix, making figure 8's for a fancy design.
8. Bake for 35 minutes on 375 degrees, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Let cool for a few minutes, then cut and enjoy.
I did add some more cinnamon to the top of mine and swirled it in. I am not the biggest fan of angel food cake, so I did not love these bars. But my husband and friends said they were pretty good. So I'll say it was a Pinterest Success for them.