Here is the Pinterest Pin for this amazing delight. (From this blog)
Pumpkin Money Bread
For the dough:
- 3 1/4 cups of flour (you might need a little extra for kneading)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp of cloves
- 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup of warm milk
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- 2/3 cup of pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast
For the coating:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 3/4 stick of butter (melted)
For the glaze:
- 2/3 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp of pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp of milk
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and spices.
2. Then in another large bowl, mix together milk, water, pumpkin, melted butter, sugar, and yeast.
3. Then add the wet ingredients to the center of the dry ingredients, stir (or mix with a standup mixer with the dough hook) until the dough comes together. Then knead on a lightly floured surface for 6 - 8 minutes (or just let the standup mixer do the work).
4. Now cover the dough and let it rise for an hour.
5. While rising, mix together the sugar, butter, and cinnamon for the coating. Also spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
6. Once the dough is doubled in size, break off pieces of dough, then shape into a ball. Dip each ball in the coating and place equally around the bundt pan.
7. Once all the dough is in the pan, cover the bundt pan and let the dough rise again for another hour.
8. Once the dough is done rising, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and bake the bread until golden brown, 30 - 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 - 10 minutes before turning the bread onto a platter.
9. While cooling, mix together powdered sugar, milk, and maple syrup. Once it has cooled turn the bread onto a platter and add the maple glaze while it's still warm.
I have to say this is one of the best recipes I have found on Pinterest, but I'm impartial because I love me some carbs. This bread is so delicious, my mouth is watering just uploading these picture, I'm so sad it's all gone. :'(
This was a Pinterest Success! But a diet fail.