Friday, September 7, 2012

Toddler Photo Shoot

This week's theme has been based around my soon-to-be two years old, birthday boy, Xander. Last year when he turned one, we took him to get professional photo's done. This year I tried my luck with some Pinterest inspiration to save us money and have are own little photo shoot.

I did recently get the Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens for our DSLR Canon 60D. So whatever money was going to pay for a professional photo shoot this year went to my new lens. Bad Mommy. But I was pleasantly surprised by it's performance and picture quality.


I found a Pin that led to a blog that had 100 toddler photo shots. See here. This Pin helped me get a little creative with my photo shoot. The best pictures had great locations, so I knew just the place. We have a little lake by the house, so we set off to take some pictures.

I also love props in photos so I made a 3-D letter block of the number 2. Check it out here. And I purchased an empty picture frame from Walmart, for $3.87.

Out of 300+ pictures, here are a few of the gems I captured:
(All photo editing was done with a simple editor, free from Google called Piscasa)









This was the very first picture I took, and absolutely loved it. It reminded me of pictures from my grandfather. I added the sepia filter to really give it that 1940's feel.








He did pretty good with the props, too bad we couldn't get a smile.








Sometimes the best pictures are on accident. We were walking towards are next location, when I snapped this gem.





Frame on some twine with my photo assistant holding it up for me. Thanks Honey!







We had to break out the big guns and bribe him with Reese's Pieces. It did keep him participating longer.







The Pinspiration Pin had lots of kids feet and I thought it was super cute. So this is my artsy attempt at cute feet.




Poor guy just fell off the swing, but wanted to swing more. I love the emotion on his face.








These next few pictures I think are picture perfect. The lighting was amazing, the subject was corporative. Can't get much better than that.











This is hands down my favorite picture.

















This week has been so much fun ramping up to celebrate the big 2. I may not be a professional, but I don't think I did too bad for an amateur. This Pinterest week was a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment